Saturday, April 24, 2010

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." [e.e. cummings]


Ok...so this doesn't truly qualify as a "real" post... but I just had to share :)
I finally took down the wreath that has been hanging on my front door ~ since December (sad, I know). It was initially intended to be a "Christmas" wreath; however, I was able to convince myself (for 4 months!) that it could double as a "Winter" wreath, given that it was icy blue, brown, and silver :)

Now it is officially Spring, and displaying a "Winter" wreath is no longer a viable excuse for my lack of seasonally appropriate decor. That said, I have been busy creating my new springtime, girly-girl, shabby chic-ish front door wreath. I ran out of gerbera daisies this evening and had to make an emergency Hobby Lobby run (thank goodness it is only a 3 minute drive... as it was 7:30pm and the store closes at 8:00!). While driving home, I realized I am either frighteningly coordinated or my OCD has reached new heights. Regardless... my current project (CLEARLY a work in progress, as you can see!!!) matches the color and theme of my blog! Yikes! Friends, you must know that this was entirely unintentional! I chuckled as I returned to my apartment and glanced at my pink, green, and ivory colored flowers, together with the green and ivory striped ribbon. Sometimes we need to take a moment to laugh at ourselves. It adds beauty to our days and enhances the character of our lives.
AND... as far as the wreath itself, I hope to post a picture of the finished product soon... preferably before the next seasonal shift!

~ aeb :D

2 comments:

  1. I love the colors of your blog, too! But I like your wreath the way it is, too - it looks like the kind with the flowers only on one side. Maybe with just a bow, turned to the side a bit...hmmm. No mater what, I know it will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kathy!!! Hmmmm... I might have to rethink my design! I kinda like the idea of having the flowers on one side!!! I am in love with the colors... if I could redo my apt, I would totally go with the entire shabby-chic theme! Hope you are doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete